UPDATE: KAIA HAS BEEN ADOPTED!!!!!!!
Kaia is 9 years old and currently in foster care because her family came upon tough circumstances:
We have come to a cross roads in life. We recently had a baby, my husband lost his job, and we now have to move back east. We cannot afford a home and space that would allow for a Weimaraner in New York (and they rarely allow large dogs). Furthermore, she has a cyst on her that we cannot afford to remove. We just cannot keep up with the costs, time management, or space that is required.
About the cyst. After a few thousand dollars, Kaia’s cyst was successfully removed while under our care so now we’re ready to find her an adoptive home!!!
A few notes about Kaia from her former owners:
- She is prone to allergies in her large ears and can get ear infections if they aren’t cleaned weekly.
- She sleeps at night in a crate, but since we are moving we sold it and she sleeps on the carpet with a blanket next to our bed.
- She goes for a long walk or run once a day and short walks for potty. She is best off leash at the beach, park, or trails.
- She is reliably housebroken. She has only gone to the bathroom when locked inside a room by accident once!
- She is great on a leash that has a tightening collar, otherwise, she will pull.
- She does not like toys unless another dog wants it. She will play with a rope but that’s it!
- She is a fantastic snuggler and wants to be touched always. She will lay by your feet, roll on her back for belly rubs, and if you allow, she’ll cuddle like a human.
- She almost completely ignores people and prefers smelling while on the leash. She will bark at the occasional dog, but it’s random. She is not aggressive when she barks but rather bossy and talkative.
- She has lived with three cats and snuggled with all of them. My parents kept her for a month when our baby was first born and they have a weimaraner. Although they got along like sister, two weims are too much for my parents.
- She whines if she is left outside too long. She barks at new sounds and takes time to adjust to new places. Everytime we have moved (7 times with her) she takes a few weeks to get used to neighbors voices, other neighbor dogs, etc. She may also whine if she sees another pet getting attention until you notice her.
- We love her. My husband has had her since she was 8 weeks old. But his life has changed and we are not financially stable enough to keep her. We are going to stay with family for a short time and they do not want a dog on their hardwood floors. We just keep being presented with challenges, and this is one we cannot keep up with.
Yes,we would like to meet her. Where is she currently?
Would like to find out more about Kaia please, is she still available?