On May 20th, Dabaneer was brought into the San Diego County Shelter by the one and only Babs Fry. Dab had been running the streets of Jamul for over a week; Hungry, thirsty, and HIT BY A CAR.
By the time he was medically evaluated, Dabaneer was “quiet, lethargic, emaciated, and dehydrated.” Additional notes indicated “severe trauma, mandible clearly fractured and displaced, several open wounds on head and back of AS pinnae.”
“Medical level: URGENT.”
In other words, the impact from the vehicle left him with a bruised skull, open cuts, and a broken jaw.
DABANEER was not wearing a collar. He hadn’t been micro-chipped. Worst (or best?) of all, his owner never came looking for him.
So Babs and CalWEAR worked together to do what needed to be done: Get him into surgery. Find him a foster home. Let him recover. Let him heal.
Show him about not going hungry.
As of June 15, 2020, Dabaneer’s medical expenses are at: $4,241.48
A $6,500.00 fundraising campaign is hereby initiated to cover the full amount, plus additional costs for additional post-op appointments, further treatment as necessary, and ultimate neuter (when he’s well enough to handle another surgery).
The next post-op appointment is scheduled for this afternoon. Fingers crossed he continues to heal. 🤞🏼
In the meantime, we appreciate ANY amount you have to spare for DABANEER.
– With love and gratitude, Team CalWEAR. ❤️
FIVE WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE:
- Click on the “Donate thru PayPal” link at the top of our website
- Submit a donation through PayPal to donate@CalWEAR.org
- Submit a donation through Venmo at @CalWEAR
- Submit a donation through Zelle at 949-278-2981
- Submit a personal check made payable to CalWEAR at: 3024 E. Chapman Avenue, # 248, Orange CA 92869